Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - 38 - 13 Paintings by My Sister-in-Law, Anna Baccin

Welcome! (cheek kiss) Step inside - the cyber gallery is buzzing but it's not too crowded yet. Don't be shy about scooping up a wine or an hors d'oeurve. There's cute wait staff passing goodies around ;D

I'll introduce you to Anna when she's free. I think I see her - I guess she's outside doing a photo shoot. Oh sure, I can tell you a bit about her. She went to the Ontario College of Art in Toronto, where she earned a diploma for a four-year program in Fine Arts, focusing on Drawing and Painting. Her medium is oils on either canvas or board.

Anna was already married to my husband's brother Ken when I came on the scene - they have two boys, now. I know - how did I get so lucky to have her for my sister-in-law? Have no idea, but I'm thankful all the same.


She lives in Ottawa but loves returning home to Toronto whenever she can.








Here's her first piece. I'll let you stroll around. Enjoy the show and I'll be sure to bring her over before you leave.



1 - 'Nun in Florence'











2 - 'Ballerina'












3 - 'Figure sitting'











4 - 'Window seat'
















5 - 'Laura at piano'











6 - 'Two models'












6 - 'Pauline'













8 - Untitled













9 - 'Figure study'






















10 - 'il mondialismo' (worldism or globalization)





11 - 'Model reclining'












12 - 'Florentine albergho'










13 - 'Self-portrait'















Oh there she is! "Anna - hi!" (She's with our niece Emily.) "Come meet everyone."


"I appreciate you taking the time to come and view my artwork," Anna says as we all reach over for a glass of wine.

"I just disappear inside the atmosphere in your work," I say, sipping and gesturing over at the 'Florentine albergho'.

"I have tried to capture a mood of time and place," Anna says. "I love the idea of creating another world that people can inhabit and believe in, just like an author creates worlds in their writing, or how some filmmakers create them in movies."


Wow - the boys have been so great during the art show. But they want to go for a little walk, so I guess we'll say goodbye for now.

"Thanks Ken, for helping me get the artwork up for the show."

"No problem," says Ken.

More guests! I'd better go say hello. "Thanks for coming," Anna says to more gallery arrivals. "And thanks Julia, for doing me the honour of showing them on your Thursday Thirteen."

Oh, I just have to hug her for that! See you! - thanks for making my third cyber art show such a special event.